On a night that was perfect for high school football, the Tippecanoe Red Devils set themselves up for a post-season playoff spot, and a possible league title with a 41-7 win over host Tecumseh in a game that saw the Red Devils jump in front 41-0 at the half, and never look back in the second half.

Tecumseh started out well, picking up a pair of first downs from Blake Nickell on their first drive of the game, but their drive stalled just inside Tippecanoe territory and was forced to punt.

Three plays into their first drive, the Red Devils would begin their scoring night. Cameron Gibbs broke loose and sprinted 54 yards for the games’ first score, giving the Red Devils a quick 6-0 lead just 3:30 into the game.

Another Tecumseh punt set up Tipp’s next score, as they used a big return from Aaron Hughes to begin their next drive at the Arrows 23 yard line. After appearing to stop the Red Devils, a pass interference call against the Arrows set the Red Devils up inside the Tecumseh 15 yard line. Cole Barhorst took the ball in from the five yard line with 3:51 left in the opening period, pushing the Tipp lead to 13-0.

After a fake punt attempt by Tecumseh on their next drive inside their own 25, the Red Devils took over and scored again on a two-yard run by Gibbs.

Leading 20-0 heading to the second, Tipp added to their lead. Austin Subler scored early in the quarter to take their lead out to 27-0, and following another Tecumseh punt, the Red Devils came back yet again.

A pass from Brandon Gotthardt to Jakob Prall set up the Red Devils inside the Arrows 25 yard line, and two running plays later from Prall and Barhorst, Tipp was in business at the three.

Trevor Staggs found the endzone with 5:31 left in the half, and the Tipp lead had ballooned out to 34-0.

After a Tipp scoring pass was called back due to a penalty, they looked to score again but a big defensive play by Clay Mastin to intercept the pass from Gotthardt gave the ball back to the Arrows. A drive was stalled when Austin Hadden returned the favor for the Red Devils with an interception with 20 seconds left in the half. On the final play of the half, Gotthardt threw a long 40 yard pass down to the endzone, and a leaping catch from Eric Seeman gave Tipp another score at as the buzzer sounded, giving the Red Devils a 41-0 lead at the half.

Due to OHSAA rules, the game was played with a running clock unless Tecumseh would cut the deficit under 30, They could not, but did keep the Red Devils out of the end zone for the remainder of the half. Tecumseh did score in the fourth quarter when Matt Crane scored on a nine-yard keeper to make the final 41-7.

Tipp had eight runners with double figure yardage for the day, with Gibbs leading with 68 yards. Tecumseh had 58 yards rushing from Nickell to lead their charge.

Tipp is now 8-1 on the season, and with the Kenton Ridge loss to Stebbins last Friday, will travel to Kenton Ridge on Friday for the league championship game. Both teams are 3-1 overall in the CBC,

Tecumseh drops to 4-5 and travels to Bellefontaine for their season finale, trying to end the season with a 5-5 record.

*Tecumseh came back on Saturday and won the JV game 16-6 over the Red Devils. With the win, the Arrows finished the season 7-0. A story on the JV team and their success will be coming in the next few weeks.